Speaking Goalz

I am as desperate to speak Japanese well as Chihiro is desperate to eat this onigiri.
So what are the steps I should take for me to get there?

Well, I am planning to:
  -Go to office hours at least once a week (twice a week would be optimal): this is so I can ask  questions not only about pronunciation and intonation, but about reading, writing and checking up as well. I need to do this because I am unavailable to go to our weekly language table that provides valuable listening and speaking practice.
  -I'm gonna watch some anime! That shouldn't be too hard haha. But this time I'll focus on shadowing the characters I admire and want to sound like.
  -Finally, I'm gonna try to sleep well. It may seem like an indirect method to speaking well, but if you have a good nights rest, you can show up to Japanese class with open eyes and ears to get the best learning experience possible. I want to absorb as much knowledge as I can!


Watch out guys, I'm gonna so fluent in Japanese you'll never know what hit you.











PS– these were my original goals from the beginning of the semester:
  - Go to office hours once every two weeks (once a week if I can manage it): this is so I can ask  questions not only about pronunciation and intonation, but about reading, writing and checking up as well.
  - try my best to go to the Japanese table at Mathey evey Tuesday. I personally think that I will be unable to go to these because of my fencing practice (it usually lasts from 4:30-7:00 ;-; ), but if there is the slight chance that practice gets cancelled or ends really early, you know where I'll be on Tuesdays ;).




















Comments

  1. Your blog is entertaining! It's fun to read.
    Ooh, that's a good point--paying attention to which characters you actually want to sound like. What kind of characters in anime do you think you want to model?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd like to sound like female characters who have a deeper, cooler voice.

      Delete
  2. Sleeping well is what kept me going in grad school, honestly. I think the concept of all-nighters is the worst idea anyone has ever come up with. About the Japanese table, I feel it was a little bit too much for me as a really basic beginner, but others may feel differently. I'm sure it'll be a great way to judge progress though, when we get a bit better. Chihiro is the best! Such a long time ago when I first saw that movie...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sleep sounds so nice. That might be the best plan I've heard so far! I hope it goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spirited Away is one of my favorite movies! I love this scene. Sleep well๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

    ReplyDelete
  5. ใ‚ขใƒ‹ใƒกใฏใŸใใ•ใ‚“ใ‚ใ‚‹ใ‹ใ‚‰ๆฅฝใ—ใ‚“ใงๅ‹‰ๅผทใงใใพใ™ใ‚ˆใญ!ใ‚ˆใๅฏใ‚‹ใฎใ‚‚ๅคงไบ‹ใ ใจๆ€ใ„ใพใ™^ ^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ใฏใ„、ใ„ใพใŸใใ•ใ‚“ใญใฃใฆ、ใ†ใ‚Œใ—ใงใ™!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

hajimemashite! :)