First Blog!

みなさん、こんにちは! (minasan, konnichiwa) :)

I am a freshman in college, and I am so excited to be taking Japanese 101 in my first semester! 

Ever since I was little, I've always loved characters like Hello Kitty and the animated movies made by Hayao Miyazaki such as Spirited Away or Howl's Moving Castle

A few summers ago, I visited Japan only for a few days with my Chinese tutor. The landscapes and buildings were beautiful... and I surprised myself by buying so much stuff haha. The way people acted seemed different too, which made me more excited to learn Japanese because I want to learn more about Japan's cultures and traditions.

Also, in the future, I am planning to attend the 2020 Olympics in Tokyo, whether that may be as a spectator or as an athlete (I am a fencer). 

As for things that I am nervous about, I think that learning the 3 different alphabets will be challenging, but hopefully with a lot of practice I'll get there.

Ja mattane,
Mai

Comments

  1. I am a huge fan of Miyazaki as well (and especially of those two movies you listed in your post)! I also agree that Japan is a beautiful country :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

hajimemashite! :)

Speaking Goalz